All the major participants of air transport mobilise and implement important actions to achieve the objectives set by the Grenelle Environement.
- Reduce by 50 % by 2020 emissions by new aircraft and continue the modernization of fleets.
- Improving the environmental performance of airports and the airline industry.
- Reduce by half the noise perceived by the population on the flight path in Paris and help to improve the sound proofing for residents.
For more information on the Grenelle Environnement : download the PDF here dealing with the commitments made by the airline industry in reference to the Grenelle.
AIRPACT ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
For VINCI Airports, its sustainable development policy forms part of a broader commitment to overall performance. When it comes to environmental concerns, this quest for performance encompasses many issues, from air, energy and water quality to waste reduction, biodiversity and the reduction of noise pollution.
More information on AirPact environmental policy
Airport Carbon Accreditation program
VINCI Airports commits all its airports to undertake greenhouse gas emission reductions
- Following on from its Portuguese airports, VINCI Airports is extending the Airport Carbon Accreditation program to its French and Cambodian airports
- VINCI Airports is the first international airport group to commit all of its airports to the Airport Carbon Accreditation standard
The Airport Carbon Accreditation (ACA) certification standard, introduced in 2009 on the initiative of Airports Council International (ACI), is the only international program to reduce the greenhouse gas emissions specific to airports. ACA assesses and recognizes the programs undertaken by airports to reduce their GHG emissions. To receive accreditation, the programs must be independently verified. There are four levels of certification: mapping, reduction, optimization and neutrality.
Download Poitiers Biard Airport Carbon Accreditation
Listening to the residents
A Consultative Committee on the environment of Poitiers Biard Airport , who are based at the Prefecture, reunite regularly.
It is composed of the mayors of the concerned communities , representatives of residents associations, associations of environmental protection, representatives of the Civil Aviation and representatives of the airfield.
Le Directeur des relations avec les Collectivités locales
Bureau de l’Environnement et du Cadre de Vie
Préfecture : +33 (0)5 49 55 71 22
An Airport for its citizens
In the future, the airport wishes to construct a bike path around the airport for easy access to the airport.
This will also allow the public to walk around the airport for pleasure. On bike or on foot, take a stroll and watch the planes take-off and land.
For more information on this project, contact our airport reception or email firstname.lastname@example.org.